Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Location: Brantford Ontario
|Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:34 pm Post subject: Welcome to the friendliest place on the Net.
|Welcome to Your user forums. These forums are where we the users discuss our experiences and help each other with some of the up's and down's of learning a new Operating System. Here are a few key things to keep in mind to help make the experience of using the forums a positive one for everyone.
1) Most problems you run into someone has run into before and other users are happy to help. To make this possible however you need to include as much information about your problem and answer any clarifying questions that are asked as best you can. This information should include Xandros Version, other software related to the problem, CPU, RAM, Soundcard, Video Card and any other hardware that is relevant to the problem. It is always better to give too much information than not enough.
2) Before asking a question it is a good idea to try the "Search" function available at the top of the page. It is possible that the answer to your question is already only a click away.
3) Use the "Preview" button before posting and read your post over to make sure it is going to give you the results you want.
4) Show respect for others. When it all comes down to it we are all just users trying to help each other out. It is also important to remember we were all newbies once. Make sure you treat other posters with the same respect you would like to recieve.
5) Avoid generalizations such as "program X always crashes". Your results may not be typical. It is better to maintain a positive tone than to make derogatory comments. No product is perfect or is going to work for everyone. By keeping things positive you have the chance to become part of the process of making the product better.
6) From time to time a frustrated user will let their emotions get away from them. We are all better served if we can look past any out of line comments and focus on the issues.
7) To make it easier to find what you are looking for this forum is divided into seperate sections. Please ensure your post is relevent to the section you are posting in.
Any and all users are welcome and there are no wrong questions. Whether you are new to linux or have ten years of experience we want you to share your experience. Whatever you are doing or thinking there is probably someone else out there in the same situation.
9) For a list of our moderators click on the "moderators" link. You will find we prefer to take a hands off approach. It is extremely rare that a post is ever edited or a thread is locked. We much prefer to gently guide the discussion back on topic. These forums are read by people of all ages. We would ask that you remember that when choosing your words.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
Xandros 4 Premium and Every Other OS I Can Get.