Joined: 13 Nov 2002
|Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:01 pm Post subject: Release of Xandros Desktop v 1.1
|New York, July 28, 2003 - Xandros, Inc., provider of the award-winning Xandros Desktop, has released a 1.1 edition of Xandros Desktop Deluxe. Version 1.1 enhancements include:
* Support for Microsoft Office XP and Adobe Photoshop 7.0
* Mozilla communications suite 1.3.1 with spell checking and spam filtering
* OpenOffice.org office suite 1.0.3
* Evolution groupware client 1.2.4
* Enhanced hardware detection
* Intel i830/845/855 graphics drivers
Xandros Desktop Deluxe 1.1 includes a printed user guide, a Technology Preview CD, and 30 days of e-mail installation support.
"Our engineers, QA testers, and everyone else on the Xandros team have worked tirelessly for five years to deliver the quality products and support expected of the world's leading Linux desktop," said Dr. Frederick H. Berenstein, Co-Chairman of Xandros. "This new release of Xandros Desktop demonstrates our continuing commitment to deliver the finest desktop solutions available at any price."
Xandros Desktop leverages the performance and reliability of Linux to create a secure desktop that seamlessly integrates with existing enterprise environments, where compatibility and ease of use are essential requirements. Its benefits include:
* Simple five-step graphical installation
* Integrated partition management
* Familiar look and feel
* Best-of-breed Xandros-engineered applications
* Compatibility with the popular Microsoft file formats
Xandros Desktop is the only Linux distribution to provide secure login authentication against Windows domain controllers, and its powerful file manager provides instant file sharing between local Linux and Windows computers, as well as with networked Windows clients.
Current users of Xandros Desktop can simply click the Xandros Networks icon on their desktop to obtain free updates of most of the items in the version 1.1 release. This free upgrade policy provides customers with the latest updates and enhancements, and resolves various support issues that have turned up since the initial release.
simple. compatible. linux.